Complaints Procedure and Practice
- All members must abide by the BACP Ethical Framework as well as the Code of Ethics of the professional body of which they are a member.
- Any complaint made concerning the practice of a member will be redirected to the member’s professional body and the counsellor involved will be advised that this has happened.
- The counsellor has the responsibility to inform his or her client of his or her professional body’s complaints procedure.
- The Association will hold up to date copies of the complaints procedures of the relevant professional bodies.
- The Association will inform the complainant of the member’s professional body.
- If the complaint is upheld by the counsellor’s professional body and his or her membership is terminated, his or her membership of the Association will be terminated.