“The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living” Cicero
The Aim of this Event
This event will use practical exercises and case studies to explore the concepts of death, dying and bereavement.
This training will support participants to:-
- Identify a variety of emotional, psychological and physical responses to bereavement and loss
- Explore their own experiences of loss and the ways in which we bring those experiences to our client work
- Understand a variety of models of change and loss to inform and underpin practice with clients
- Consider factors which might complicate or inhibit grief including anticipatory grief, traumatic loss, disenfranchised grief and estrangement, we will also explore the concept of a “good death”
- Reflect on the role of the therapist and the value of the therapeutic relationship in supporting those who are grieving.
More information at https://bereavement-19-mar-19.eventbrite.co.uk