This event represents a unique opportunity to learn about working with autistic and neurodiverse clients. In this joint training event, Orly, a counsellor and trainer and Chris, a speaker on Autism who is autistic himself, are aiming to achieve the following:
- To explain what Neurodiversity means
- To increase awareness of the sorts of difficulties experienced by this client group and their families that might bring them to counselling.
- To share Orly's wide ranging experience of neurodiverse clients
- To discuss how therapy can help
- To discuss how counselling this group of clients might be different (or not) for the therapist
- To hear from Chris about the lived experience of an autistic person and his experiences of being a client
- To hear what we can do to help and support the neurodiverse community
There will be at least an hour for “supervision” so that participants can bring client work and questions which will be answered by Orly and Chris.
More information at: https://autism-neurodiversity-aug-20.eventbrite.co.uk
See a full list of events at https://www.greenwoodevents.co.uk/events/