Using small and large group discussion, this one day workshop will offer a space to look at how we can work more safely and effectively with clients who self harm.
By the end of this workshop participants will;
* Have greater awareness of the different models of self harm.
* Know more about why people self harm.
* Gain more understanding of the different methods people use to self harm.
* Have more insight into their own understanding of self harm.
* Have deeper understanding of the harm reduction model.
* Have a deeper understanding of helpful and unhelpful responses to clients who self harm.
* Have deeper insight into client and counsellor self care.
Elaine Weir, is co-founder and manager of Time and Space (Glasgow). Founded in 2011 Time and Space was originally a therapeutic service for people who heard voices or had related experiences. In 2011 Time and Space was exspanded to offer a service to woman with experience of self harm; originally as a weekely swimming group and then as a weekly client led therapeutic group.